In this post, I am going to show you the excellent way to change background colour in Excel.
Microsoft office comes with different office theme colour. And if the white colour background of your Excel worksheet is hard on your eyes, you can change the background colour to a darker colour that is much easier on the eyes.
Here are various modes that you can change Excel background to.
You may decide to change the background of the entire excel workbook which includes the cells or you may opt to change the background colour of only the border frame and the ribbon area of the Excel worksheet, while the cells remain white.
How To Change Background Colour in Excel
An excellent way to change the colour of Excel worksheet background is by changing the Office theme.
Microsoft office theme colour options come in White, Colourful and Dark Gray. In other versions, you will find Black.
To change the background colour in a worksheet, follow the steps below.
1. Open an Excel Workbook
2. Click on File to go to the File menu
3. Click on Options
4. Go to Office Theme below and click on the dropdown arrow to select the colour theme.
5. Click ok.
This will immediately change the colour of Excel window to the selected theme.
6. Now, if you want to change the background colour of the cells as well, then you will need to select the entire worksheet from the arrow at the top left, and use the Fill Colour to colour the background of the cells.
7. Next, you have to change the Font colour to a brighter colour for more visibility. Here, we choose white font colour.
Now the information in the cells are clearly visible.
8. Next, you need to make sure the row and column lines are also visible. To do this, select the entire worksheet again, and click on Borders to apply a visible colour. Then, go to Line Colour and select colour white.
9. Now, select the entire worksheet again, click on Borders and select All Border.
The border lines are now clearly visible as shown below.
You can change the cell background to any preferred colour of choice.
I hope you found this post helpful. Kindly share and leave your comments.