Is it possible to remove a wrap text formatting in Excel? Yes, it is!
In my last post, I shared five different ways to wrap text in Excel worksheet. If you haven’t read it, you should do so before proceeding.
Wrap Text is a great option for making data text more readable. However, you may want to remove this format from your worksheet.
To remove the wrap text format in a cell in excel is just the same way as you applied it.
If you want to remove the formatting, you can perform any of the following:
- Go to Home tab and click on the Wrap Text command
- Right-click on the text cell and select ‘Format Cells’ to open the Format Cells dialog box and uncheck the Wrap Text option in the Alignment tab.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Alt + H + W
Remove Line Breaks Added Manually
If you add line breaks manually to a data text and you want to remove the line breaks, you can do this from the ‘Find and Replace’ dialog box.
To remove the line breaks,
- Press Ctrl + H to pop up the ‘Find and Select’ dialog box
- In the ‘Find What’ field, place the cursor and press Ctrl +J. This will add a line break character (,)
- Then click on ‘Replace All’
Now, all the line break characters manually added will be replaced with nothing and removed.